Friday, May 12, 2023

Framed by Sculptures

 

Over the past six months that the Rotraut sculptures have been residing at the Desert Botanical Garden, I took several photos using the sculptures as frames or in abstract ways.  In this one, I framed one of the Papago Buttes through the big red sculpture that was sitting just inside the garden entrance.



In the one above, I zoomed in on all the colorful arms of the big sculpture I featured yesterday.

To the right is one where I tried to frame an agave bloom.















This last one is pretty simple.  I just took the photo from the side making it look like it was a giant pink ribbon.  

All of them will be gone in a few days and the garden will be back to mostly plants once again.


9 comments:

William Kendall said...

These are beautifully composed.

Andy said...

There's a lot of surprises when you experiment with your camera... and framing them is one of them.

roentare said...

Wonderful framing of the scenery

Steve Reed said...

Great perspectives on all of them! I especially like the top one.

Travel said...

The colors were magnificent, I am glad I was able to see them.

RedPat said...

You had great fun using the sculptures for framing, Sharon. Well done.

biebkriebels said...

A nice variety of sculpters!

Bill said...

Wow, lots of beauty there with all those colours and sculptures.

Gemel said...

Very colourful.