Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Desert Critters

 

This bullfrog was calling to another frog across the pond. I could hear him but I couldn't see him.  He was well hidden in among the reeds and vines that grow at the edge of the water.  Finally another photographer pointed him out and I was able to get just this one shot. 

The desert spiny lizard wasn't hard to spot at all.  He was in the path just ahead of me and he stayed put as I walked past him and turned to take his photo.  Nothing shy about this fellow.

The rabbit actually jumped straight up into the air when it heard me on the path close by.  However, he took one look at me and decided I was harmless and continued his search for things to munch on.


This little round-tailed squirrel found something he could munch on.  There were two of these little guys scavenging for food and drawing a few photographers.  If those photographers hadn't been there, I might have missed him altogether.  The wildlife was plentiful Sunday morning at the Desert Botanical Garden.


8 comments:

Andy said...

I am really thrill with with the frog and his reflection. Frogs have become very rare in my part of the world.

biebkriebels said...

What a lovely photo's of all the critters.

Travel said...

Nature's camouflage I might have missed the bunny if he hadn't moved.

William Kendall said...

Quite a variety of critters.

RedPat said...

Super wildlife shots, Sharon. The frog pic is especially nice.

Steve Reed said...

It seems so odd to see a frog in the desert!

Bill said...

Great shots of all the critters. The bullfrog is my favourite, I love his bulging big eyes.

roentare said...

The squirrel looks so cute