Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Last Look at Santa Fe

 


I flew home to Phoenix yesterday afternoon and have been sorting photos ever since.  The funny thing is that I took way more photos with the good old iPhone than I did with my Nikon, 38 versus 237.  

One last look at the great Santa Fe architecture with a full lilac bush in front.














Above is a sculpture of the brilliant artist, Allan Houser standing in front of one of his sculptures. This was at the place called Museum Hill.

Remember the sleeping rabbit sculpture from two days ago?  This bear was located at that same restaurant sitting in the window of the dining room where I ate dinner.  He looks perfectly content watching every one dine around him.























This last photo is from the airport preparing to board the plane.  The Santa Fe airport is tiny.  They have two gates but only use one and they have no jetways as you can see.  However, the star of this photo is the sky.  Isn't that a beautiful sky?


9 comments:

Andy said...

I am impressed with the Allan Houser sculptures. A lot of work was done on them. Happy trails to you Sharon.

William Kendall said...

That bear makes me smile.

Travel said...

Great sky, happy bear. One of our operations managers is leaving the end of the week, to move to Santa Fe, he had lived there years ago, and kept the house when he came east to work. The tenant moved out, and he is going home. NM gain, our loss, he will be missed.

RedPat said...

That sky is really fabulous. Santa Fe seems to offer great images everywhere, Sharon.

Stefan Jansson said...

I have bever used the camera in my smartphone for photography. I sometimes use it if I need to document a paper or something similar.

Bill said...

The bear sculpture is beautiful. You captured a wonderful sky with all those great clouds.

AZDave said...

I call them cotton ball clouds.

Steve Reed said...

That IS a great sky, and I love the bear. You're like me -- getting seduced by the ease of the iPhone camera!

roentare said...

The sculpture is very nice