Wednesday, March 24, 2021

A Visit to Park Central

 


The robot security guard I posted about yesterday was located at Park Central in Phoenix.  I've posted about this place before.  It used to be a shopping center many years ago but has morphed into a center for medical facilities.  I posted about the massive changes to this place last year.

I had heard that there were some new sculptures scattered about this area so I took a walk there to find them.  I found the one above in the center of the complex.  It looks like it has a counterpart inside that building.

The man to the left was on the back side of this center. I couldn't find an artist's name for either piece.

Tomorrow, I'll show you a bit more from this place.

11 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

A neat looking tin man.

biebkriebels said...

Lovely art!

Travel said...

Neat, and an effective reuse of a useless shopping center?

William Kendall said...

The man looks how many of us feel right about now.

Steve Reed said...

I like the bright yellow abstraction.

RedPat said...

I thought the man looked hopeful! Celebrating maybe?

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Would this be the Percentage for Art that new buildings costing over a certain amount are obliged to do Sharon, such a wonderful idea ✨

Bill said...

Things are looking up for the tin man.

Catalyst said...

Miracle Mile! A regular lunch spot at Park Central. Remember the counterman repeating over and over, "Whaddaya gonna have?" And Smugglers Inn and their wonderful Sand Dabs. Oh, memories.

Gemel said...

The man is really fabulous.

Susie of Arabia said...

Love the metal human sculpture - very cool. And I really like the yellow modern ribbony piece as well.