Sunday, March 14, 2021

A Canadian Raucous

 

Around 9:30 yesterday morning I started hearing the familiar (and loud) honking of Canadian geese.  I looked out my window and sure enough there were a couple prancing about on the top of the carport cover and yelling at each other.


Pretty soon, the noise started getting even louder so I went out on the balcony to see that one of the pair hand flown over to the top of the building next door and they were still conversing only even louder than before.


Then a third one showed up on the top of an adjacent building.  Now they were all yelling at each other.  For a while there was quite the shouting match going on with all of them "honking" at once.


It was a three-way conversation that went on for around 15 minutes.  I noticed neighbors starting to come out to see what was happening.  

Since our parking lot turns into a nesting site every spring, I wondered if this was a scouting team looking for a good place to build that nest.  And, were they getting advice from that third goose?  It will be interesting to see how this develops over the next month.  

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I was inspired by a movie this time.  


11 comments:

Catarina said...

:)))))
They are quite loud.

William Kendall said...

How Canadian can they be if they bolt for points south at the first hint of frost? ☺

Travel said...

Mating season, I saw two fighting in the river a few days ago.

RedPat said...

They seem to be everywhere these days. Probably checking out nesting spots, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

I'd say you're almost certain to wind up with a nest! I wonder why the parking lot is an attractive nesting site to them?

Bill said...

Prime nesting spots, a lot of competition for them.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh that's funny Sharon, one was the real estate agent showing the couple the perfect nesting spot 😊

Revrunner said...

I call it the raucous caucus.

Catalyst said...

LOL!

Gemel said...

How funny.

Thérèse said...

They can be really annoying but well what would we think if we did not hear them any more?