Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Clay Today

 

I mentioned yesterday that I went to the Shemer Art Center on Friday to see exhibit there called "Clay Today".  The exhibit is described as an exhibition of ceramic artwork reflective of current trends in form and style.  I was about to say that I love ceramic work but truth be told, I love art in all shapes and forms. Today I have a few of the pieces at this exhibit that I found especially interesting. 

I'll start with this bowl that I found exceptionally beautiful.  The artist is Rafiq Majeed and he calls this piece "Seven Women".  I took two shots so you could see the pretty design on the outside of the bowl along with the seven ladies inside.


Next up is a piece by Heidi Dauphin called "Tile Icon".  You can probably guess why I liked this one.  All those patterns drew me in.


















These faces also attracted my attention.  They are by Dennis Alan Hubert and he calls them "Two Faces of Five" Something tells me that he might have made three more of these elongated faces.
















This last piece is by Jane Kelsey-Mapel and she calls it "Herstory".  I feel like I might have met this fellow a while ago.


Once again, I'm impressed by the talent of these artists and the variety of creations.  Tomorrow I'll show you my favorite pieces at this exhibit.  

12 comments:

Andy said...

There certainly is a variety of ceramic artwork. Some more eye catching than others.

biebkriebels said...

Nice exhibit, I like the first picture!

Travel said...

Amazing, and the best is yet to come

Steve Reed said...

The "Seven Women" bowl is really beautiful. "The Icon" reminds me of a brighter-colored version of the mural I photographed at London House a couple of weeks ago!

RedPat said...

They are all nice pieces, Sharon! I find the last one intriguing.

Bill said...

What a wonderful exhibit. My favorite is the "two faces of five".

William Kendall said...

Fascinating pieces.

Alphie Soup said...

I'm right there with you Sharon, when it comes to a colour and pattern hit Tile Icon is a winner.
Alphie

Marleen said...

The tile icon is beautiful, the colours and patterns are fantastic.

Stefan Jansson said...

Some great artworks here.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

So much talent Sharon. I think the first piece is my favourite also, beautifully painted 💛

Gemel said...

WOW!