Monday, March 29, 2021

Eventful Weekend

 

For the first time in over a year, I had a weekend that almost felt normal.  It started on Friday afternoon when I decided to go to the Shemer Art Center to see an exhibit there called "Clay Today".  To the left is a sample of some of the exciting pieces I saw there.  I'll have more about this show in future posts.  















When I returned home, these two were napping in the middle of the parking lot.  I don't think it's nesting time yet but they are certainly staking out their territory for future use.  Crazy geese.  And, you might notice that spot of rain water in the center.  We did get a light rain shower on Friday which was very refreshing.  



On Saturday I went to the Heard Museum to see a new exhibit there and to have lunch.  This was my first lunch served to me at a restaurant in over a year.  I was seated out doors.  I'm not quite ready to eat inside yet.  I have been craving a bowl of the museum cafe's Pozole for ages and I finally got it.  I was so happy to dig in that I started eating before I took this shot.  Sorry about that.


The show here that I went to see was of works by Leon Polk Smith called "Hidden In Plain Sight".  Smith was an influential 20th century artist whose work was inspired by the Native Americans he grew up around.  I'll have more about this exhibit in future posts too.

It was great to have a weekend that felt like life was almost back to normal.  


9 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Nice exhibit, would love to see one here, but eveything is still closed...

RedPat said...

Almost normal must have felt so good, Sharon!

Travel said...

Great art, sounds like a delightful weekend,

Thérèse said...

What a treat this weekend!

Bill said...

It's nice to be somewhere else and to be able to enjoy the day.

Gemel said...

An eventful weekend. The geese are cute.

William Kendall said...

I can see the native influences.

Catalyst said...

As on old friend who imagined himself a New York-er used to say, "Good onya!" for venturing out.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I'm so happy for you Sharon, I know how much you love visiting art galleries, me too. Your first meal, served that is 😉 looks delish!