Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Flowers Around the "Water"

 

Yesterday I presented the second piece of the current art exhibit at the Desert Botanical Garden.  Today I have some close-up shots of the some of the beautiful plants that are part of the "Water" exhibit.  

Mixed in the with the agaves that naturally grow here are petunias and bromeliads in a variety of bright colors.  They look great mixed in with the desert plants.

They look so good in this spot that I wish they could stay.  However, they are a bit too tropical for our very dry climate.  I don't think they would last very long.  Which makes me curious as to what type of watering mechanism they are using to keep these plants happy while this display is up.  

13 comments:

Andy said...

Right now I can only dream of seeing flowers growing like this.

biebkriebels said...

Bright colours!

Travel said...

I can smell the flowers, through these images, delightful. And Yes, lots of direct drip irrigation would be my bet on how.

RedPat said...

Just to see the wonderful colours is fabulous, Sharon!

William Kendall said...

They are cheerful.

Karl said...

Beautiful close-up shots, Sharon !

Steve Reed said...

Some of those petunias look a little wilted, actually! The bromeliads even look like the agaves, but yeah, they definitely prefer more humidity.

Susie of Arabia said...

Such pretty colors. I've seen these types of flowers in Hawaii. Hope you are doing well.

Bill said...

Bright and cheerful.

Janey and Co. said...

They are very tropical. I am use to seeing these when I lived in Houston. Beautiful colors.

Revrunner said...

Gosh! I looked for some spring-like colors today and couldn't find any. Too early here.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Looks so pretty Sharon, maybe with the right reticulation plan they could last a while 🌼

Susie of Arabia said...

Just beautiful