Friday, March 5, 2021

Garden Observations

 

I went to the Desert Botanical Garden last week to get the photos of the new art exhibit "Water" that I posted earlier this week.  I took the opportunity to take a walk around the garden and enjoy some nature.  The acacia trees were blooming and I was able to smell their sweet perfume even through my mask.

Yesterday I had a photo of the century plant blooming in north Phoenix.  Here is a different agave that was also sending up a bloom stalk.  Even though this plant looks similar to the century plant, it has a completely different looking stalk and bloom.  The varieties of agave and aloes are amazing.

The aloe plants are also blooming and of course the bees were more than happy to gather the sweet stuff inside each flower.  

And then there was this fellow out on a limb.  I don't often see squirrels trying to navigate the thin network of fragile branches of the palo verde trees.  I wonder what he was looking for up there. 

14 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Very pretty images of the nature there.

Andy said...

The aloe plant and the bee have caught my attention.

Travel said...

skinny squirrel,

RedPat said...

How wonderful to see flowers, Sharon! It is sunny here today but cold.

Catarina said...

You gave a great idea for my next outing.
The squirrel is quite the equilibrist!!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Love that squirrel at the end

William Kendall said...

That squirrel is a cutie.

Steve Reed said...

That squirrel looks funny in that tree. Like he doesn't belong there!

Revrunner said...

I can't get over how much color there is already out your way.

Bill said...

Love all the colourful photos, so pretty to see. The bee and squirrel are a nice addition to the photos, great captures.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Beautiful. I love the shot of the aloe flowers and the bee. I don't think it's going to be a great year for wildflowers in the S CA deserts. Just haven't had much rain this year.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Beautiful series of shots from the Botanical gardens Sharon, I too love the perfume of the yellow acacia, they should bottle it and call it Spring ✨

Gemel said...

Really beautiful photos Sharon. Are acacia trees native to Arizona?

Susie of Arabia said...

Lovely shots, Sharon. Your closeups are terrific