Tuesday, March 16, 2021

A New Discovery

 


All those puffy clouds we had on Friday led to a rather gray weekend.  I wasn't inspired to photograph anything in particular so I just got in my car and started to drive.  I ended up turning on to streets I don't normally travel on and that is how I found this place.

What caught my eye was the sculpture to the left and since the building was surrounded by a high fence, I had to get out of the car to photograph it.


The name on the building was Arizona Agribusiness & Equine Center which led me to believe this place had something to do with farming and livestock.





I did a little research and discovered that this is actually a private school with curriculum for high school grades 9 through 12.  The unique thing about it is that when students graduate, they not only have their high school diploma but they also have an Associates Degree.  That gives graduates a 2 year boost on any college degree they pursue. 

I was still curious about the name so I did some further digging and learned that within the courses are studies that allow interested students the opportunity of early preparation for careers in veterinary, animal, equine and agricultural sciences.  I had not heard of this school before so I learned something new. 

16 comments:

Andy said...

It is surprising what one will find off the beaten path.

Stefan Jansson said...

Live and learn.

Karl said...

There is always something new to discover, I like the sculpture !

biebkriebels said...

I like the sculpture.

Steve Reed said...

Interesting! I guess the fact that it's a school explains the fence.

Travel said...

Interesting concept, pretty place

Thérèse said...

And it must help the students who have a hard time at school but and love horses. I wonder, it must be pricey when we think of the heat in Arizona.

RedPat said...

The whole concept is new to me. I like the sculpture, Sharon.

William Kendall said...

I do like that sculpture.

Allison said...

That's pretty cool that they graduate with part of college done.

Bill said...

A great program indeed and a beautiful sculpture. Nice find, Sharon.

Janey and Co. said...

There seem to be so many things around us to yet discover and once we do we can find out everything we ever wanted to know about it on the Internet. Pretty sculpture and building..

Revrunner said...

Maybe we have some grads working here in Colonial Williamsburg.

Gemel said...

We never know what we will find on a path never travelled.

Catalyst said...

There's one of those schools in Prescott Valley, too.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

That's fantastic Sharon, I should imagine there are many students who would be looking to get accepted here. Heading off the beaten track can often be rewarding ✨