Saturday, March 27, 2021

Another Make-Over

 

I took this photo the same day I was wandering around Park Central last weekend.  This is a brand new apartment complex located across the street from Park Central.  The part of the building on the far left with the sand colored front is and older building that was saved.  That two-story building used to house the Phoenix FBI offices many, many years ago when I first moved to Phoenix.  Next door to the right were several other one and two-story buildings.  Those were torn down but the old FBI building was a saved and incorporated into this new apartment complex.  I'm glad they kept that section even though it has lost a lot of it's original mid-century charm.  

13 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Where do you live? At the FBI building.

Andy said...

I think its great. ...

Travel said...

Interesting buildings. Maybe replacement of the DC FBI building will move forward, HeWhoMustNotBeNamed stopped plans for a new state of the art headquarters building in the burbs.

William Kendall said...

Very eclectic.

RedPat said...

I like the look of them so it is good they were saved, Sharon!

Catarina said...

a nice make-over

Steve Reed said...

It's kind of cool to be able to say you live in the old FBI building!

Bill said...

Nice looking buildings, a nice pair.

Gemel said...

Quite funky and the apartments will be light and airy given the amount of windows.

Catalyst said...

I'm curious to know how YOU knew where the FBI HQ was located. Maybe I shouldn't ask.

Sami said...

The buildings look pretty and it was nice they were saved.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

They've done a good job Sharon, love the gorgeous Arizona palm trees out front 🌴

Allison said...

My father used to work in the FBI building. He wasn't there long, they transferred him to New Jersey after that. He liked Phoenix a lot. That's how I came to leave the east coast and come out here.