Tuesday, October 13, 2020

When Chihuly Returned

 

My little review of all the garden art exhibits that have passed through the Desert Botanical Garden over the years got interrupted by photos from my most recent outings.  So now I'll resume the posts going back to November of 2013 when Chihuly returned to the garden with a second exhibit.  The garden was especially honored to get a second visit from this fabulous artist because he has a rule of not exhibiting in the same location twice.  However, he really loved the desert setting here and thought it brought out the best in his glass creations.  


I posted many photos of these beautiful glass creations between November of 2013 and May of 2014 when the show ended.  I was lucky enough to be there while the glass creations were being taken down so I even posted photos as they dismantled and packed up these elaborate pieces.



























Chihuly's work speaks to my soul so I could look at these over and over and never tire of them.  And now I can look at them often because between the two exhibits at the garden and my trip to his museum in Seattle I have many, many photos to enjoy.  He really is one of my favorite contemporary artists. 




12 comments:

Karl said...

Great glass creations, Sharon, wonderful pics !

biebkriebels said...

A joy to look at this beautiful art!

Andy said...

I sight to see. They really grab one's attention.

Travel said...

I can imagine that the desert light is magic with his use of color. We went an exhibit near the Space Needle in Seattle a couple of years ago, amazing.

Gemel said...

WOW.
Love the first two the most.
Great photos.

RedPat said...

He certainly is a fabulous designer of masterpieces!

Steve Reed said...

I recognize some of those same pieces from his show at Kew a few years ago!

Revrunner said...

I think the second and the fourth are my favorites of these.

William Kendall said...

Wow!

Bill said...

Absolutely beautiful to see! Great photos, Sharon.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Beyond stunning Sharon, I remember these fabulous glass sculptures and agree that they are a joy to behold 💜

Catarina said...

Impressive!