Friday, October 2, 2020

My Latest Bouquet

 


I treated myself to a bouquet of flowers from Trader Joe's last weekend and I wondered how long they would last.  Sometimes when I get bouquets at grocery stores, they don't last very long.

I was really worried when one of those cute pink flowers snapped off right at the base of the bloom.



























I took that little pink bloom and put it in a dark blue bowl with water and it's still looking as good as new today!

And just yesterday, the lily buds in the bouquet have opened up.  I might have to get flowers at Trader Joe's again.  They seem to do very well.  

12 comments:

Catarina said...

That is a gorgeous bouquet!
I haven't bought flowers for a while.
Maybe I will buy some today... I need some colour.
Thanks!!
:)

biebkriebels said...

Beautiful bouquet!

Karl said...

Oh, how beautiful !

Travel said...

I have had good luck with flowers from Trader Joes, very nice colors

Andy said...

@}~}~~~ Treating yourself paid off with this lovely bouquet.

RedPat said...

They must lift your spirits every time that you look at those flowers, Sharon!

Bill said...

Beautiful bouquet, Sharon. The photos show their beauty well.

William Kendall said...

Very pretty!

Gemel said...

Happiness in a vase, beautiful.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Sometimes supermarket flowers can surprise you Sharon, Aimee bought a bunch of roses, which don't usually open or last long, and she tells me they are still looking beautiful a week later.. luck of the bunch you pick 😉 Love what you did with the flower that snapped off, tres artistic 💙

Steve Reed said...

I do the same thing with roses sometimes when they break off our bushes -- float them in a bowl with water. It does work!

Beautiful bouquet!

Jack said...

They are lovely. I went to a grocery store yesterday to get some cut flowers and ended up buying two bunches of white hydrangea. Boring, but they fit the place I had in mind for them