Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Twisted Cactus

 

I found something new on my recent walks at the Desert Botanical Garden.  The sign on this calls it simply "Twisted Cactus" but the official name is Cereus forbesii 'Spiralis'.  Twisted cactus is much easier to say. It certainly is very twisted indeed.  

I'm not sure if this is new to the garden or if I just hadn't noticed it before.  Either way, it is certainly an interesting species.  As many times as I walk the garden trails, it seems I can always find something new to see.


11 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Have never seen one like this, must be a new one.

Andy said...

Strange sight. It's all new to me.

Travel said...

And it is blooming. Interesting plant.

RedPat said...

And you caught it at blossom time! So unusual, Sharon.

Janey and Co. said...

So unusual...I have never seen one!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

What an unusual shaped cactus Sharon, it must be new, you know your Botanical Gardens too well to have missed it 😉

Steve Reed said...

Super cool! I've never seen anything like that.

Karl said...

How beautiful, never seen such a cactus.

William Kendall said...

Fascinating!

Bill said...

Beautifull and different, it's new to me too.

Gemel said...

Spectacular!