Thursday, October 8, 2020

Birds...I Love Them All

 


You all probably already know this about me but I love watching all the birds when I go for my walks at the Desert Botanical Garden.  The fact is I love watching birds wherever I am.  I'm not a formal watcher with books and binoculars.  I just enjoy their company.  Today's selection are just a few of the many feathered friends I've observed in the last couple of weeks.  Above is a goldfinch enjoying the cool water at one of my favorite garden spots.


Here's a mockingbird I saw perched on top of a sprinkler head.


A peach-faced lovebird harvesting the seeds from some sunflowers.


The always busy cactus wren taking a well deserved break.


And a tiny little hummingbird taking a rest before he flits off in search of more blooms.

They are all captivating in my book!

12 comments:

biebkriebels said...

They are nice to watch indeed. We have every evening a whole group of sparrows flying back and forward from one fence to another, making a lot of noise chatting with each other.

Andy said...

Nice closeups Sharon. Birds are always entertaining to watch.

Sami said...

I love watching birds too, but have no idea about their names.
Great photos Sharon.

Travel said...

Wonderful birds, so fun to see what is out and about.

RedPat said...

Great pics of these sweet little creatures, Sharon!

Steve Reed said...

I agree! I love the texture and reflectivity of the water in that first shot.

Amy said...

oh each of them is so pretty in their own way.

Bill said...

You did a fine job capturing their beauty, Sharon. I have seagulls to watch when I'm walking down by the water in the morning. They are an interesting bunch and funny too.

Catalyst said...

I keep telling ya - Arizona Highways is calling!

William Kendall said...

The love bird is quite cute.

Gemel said...

What a beautiful post. Fantastic photos.
Can't pick a favourite though, they are all exquisite little birds.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh my gosh they are all adorable Sharon, love the pink faced lovebird. Beautiful reflection in first shot 💜