Wednesday, October 7, 2020

What's Blooming?

 


I've got some blooming photos from my walks at the garden today.  There is always something blooming even in the heat of the summer months.  Above are some blooms on a Desert Willow shrub.


I'm not sure what this one is.  I always called it Owl's Clover but a sign I saw called it Gomphrena Fireworks.  It does look like fireworks exploding, doesn't it?


This is a bloom on a Toothpick Cactus.  This is one cactus that tends to bloom all year long.  Almost every time I go to the garden I see one or two blooms.  I see a bee is enjoying this one.


This last one is called a Baja Fairy Duster.  It's a pretty common plant here in the desert southwest but I love the broom-like booms it produces.  I'm certainly enjoying being able to get out to the garden once again.  

10 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Oh wow, there is a lot blooming there!

Andy said...

Lovely display Sharon. Blooming season is over here.

Travel said...

I have been watching the change in the bloom, on my daily walk in the swamp.

RedPat said...

Flowers do lift the spirits which is something that we could all use these days, Sharon!

Steve Reed said...

I think that Baja Fairy Duster is the same plant we call a puffball in Florida -- very similar, anyway. Nice photos, as always!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful!

Bill said...

Those blooms are beautiful to see.

Catalyst said...

((o))

Gemel said...

All so beautiful. Not seen any before, love seeing the different flowers of the world, thank you for sharing.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Your fairy duster is quite common here also Sharon.. always enjoy seeing the cactus blooms, so happy for you, and us, that you can walk around the Botanical gardens 🌵