Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Shoes and Art....


 .....two of my favorite things!
There was one other exhibit at the Heard Museum that caught my attention.  This one was called "Art and Sole".  Shoes were provided to a number of Native American Artists and they were asked to create designs for each pair.  The museum matched each of the artist's shoes with one of their art pieces for this display.  This one was my favorite.  The artwork "Pueblo Warriors" is by Lisa Holt and Harlan Reano and Harlan designed those shoes.  I love them.  I'd be happy to own a pair just like them.


Another of the artworks was this painting by Marla Allison called "Dragonfly and Moonlight".  

































Here are the shoes that Marla painted.  She calls them Sunday Shoes.  




































These last creations are by Les Namingha.  The shoes go rather well with the beautiful pottery.  

This was a fun exhibit.  Now I just need to find out how I can get a pair of sneakers like those in the top photo.

10 comments:

Diaday said...

Art complementing art. What an interesting and fun exhibit.

Travel said...

A comfy and colorful pair of shoes make my day.

RedPat said...

I like those 1st ones a lot too, Sharon.

Bill said...

I love the name "Art and Sole".

Catarina said...

I would get a pair as well.
You find the most amazing displays.

Aimz said...

The designs all go together, the woman reminds me of a Maori wahine.

roentare said...

These arts are special!

Steve Reed said...

Yeah, seriously. Harlan should trademark those shoes and find someone to manufacture them! The others are good too.

Stefan Jansson said...

Arty shoes.

Gemel said...

Great exhibition, would love a pair of those shoes!