Friday, July 19, 2024

Pelicans, Lots of Pelicans

 

I flew over to California late Wednesday evening to spend the weekend at my friends place in Laguna Beach.  Thursday morning my friend and I had breakfast at Crystal Cove and then walked the beach.  We were amazed by all the pelicans flying overhead. There must have been thousands because one flock after another kept passing over us all heading north.  


A morning walk on the beach is very invigorating especially when the temperature is hovering around 68 degrees and I've been more used to 112.  It's going to be nice to cool off for a while.


And, while I was at Crystal Cove, I snapped one more photo of that mailbox I told you about last year.  It's still sitting on the porch and the rust is creeping onto to it.  In last year's post, I told you the saga of that mailbox since I discovered it back in 2007.

8 comments:

roentare said...

That bird formation is an art

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Thats because the heat has come over here now

Diaday said...

It's fun to return to a familiar place to see how things have changed but also how they've stayed the same. That mailbox has a lot of charm.

Travel said...

So pretty and a short escape from the oven of summer.

RedPat said...

Enjoy the cooler weather, Sharon.

Bill said...

It's cool to be cool. :)

Cloudia said...

Neat!!

Steve Reed said...

Those temperatures must feel amazing!