Sunday, July 14, 2024

Pickle House

 

I read about this place in recent news article so I had to drive by and get a photo.  This is an old building that has been renovated and turned into a small business incubator.  It is a space for innovators to develop their ideas and get small business support.  The building used to be the home of Arnold's Pickles.  

Arnold's Pickles started business in  the early 1900's and in 1920 built this building to house its factory.  In 1980, the company merged with Mrs Klein's Pickles which has a much bigger operation on the other side of town.  

The pickle in the sign in the top photo is a take on the old Arnold's Pickles mascot, a cucumber wearing a cowboy hat and boots.  That mascot used to dance in TV commercials and sing the little jingle "I like Arnold's Pickles, you'll like them too.  The only thing that's better than an Arnold's Pickle is two."

10 comments:

roentare said...

It would be nice to try that pickle

biebkriebels said...

Funny advertisement of the Pickles.

Stefan Jansson said...

Smörgåsgurka, in Swedish.

Travel said...

Nice use of the building. I make pickles every summer.

Diaday said...

Glad that the building references its past history. Like Travel, I enjoy making pickles.

RedPat said...

They have done a nice job converting the building, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

I miss quaint old jingles like that! Glad the powers-that-be found a way to repurpose the building.

Bill said...

Nice reuse for the building. I love pickles and had one with lunch. :)

Aimz said...

It's a shame it's not a pickle house anymore, I'd go there.

William Kendall said...

Pickle is a rarity for me.