Saturday, April 20, 2024

Tribute to a Great Artist

 

When I was at the Wrigley Mansion last Saturday, I spotted this gorgeous Arizona sunset painting by Ed Mell in one of the dining rooms.  I mentioned Ed Mell in a post on March 6th, just days after he passed away.  There wasn't any sign and I didn't ask, but I'm pretty sure that candle was placed in front of the painting to pay tribute to a great artist and great man.  


In another room I found another Ed Mell painting.


There were two tributes to Ed published in the Arizona Highways magazine however, the one above was a personal tribute from the magazine's editor.  I've seen many such tributes over the past few weeks.  Ed was much loved in the Valley of Sun and around the world.

I'll make this post my own little tribute to a man whose art work I have greatly admired.  

9 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

A nice tribute, that sunset painting is superb.

Thérèse said...

Such an important painter in the painting's story. I like his paintings and sculptures a lot.

roentare said...

That sky is so surreal!

RedPat said...

I love that sunset one. Wonderful, Sharon.

Travel said...

Arizona Highways was one of my father's favorites, I will have to go looking for it.

Catarina said...

I like those paintings as well.

Gemel said...

The first painting is stunning. A lovely tribute to a talented artist.

Amy said...

Looks like he was a very clever artist.

Steve Reed said...

His paintings are beautiful! I can see why he is much-loved.