Wednesday, April 17, 2024

And Then There Were Eight

 

The flowers weren't the only thing I enjoyed seeing at the Japanese Friendship Garden last weekend.  I spotted a very proud momma duck showing off her tiny brood of ducklings.  Here she is teaching them a bit of rock climbing.  I see six little ones in this shot.

After climbing the rocks, she shows them how to cool off in the grass.  Now I could see seven little babies gathering around momma in the cool spot.  

Finally she decides to cross the path and head toward the water.  Now I can clearly see that she had eight little ducklings following her lead.  

This little encounter with the duck family was just an added bonus to a sunny walk at the Japanese Friendship Garden.  

8 comments:

roentare said...

The ducks are so cute

Stefan Jansson said...

Out cycling in the near Winter weather today I had to stop as a duck couple were walking in the middke of the road before deciding which way to go!

Stefan Jansson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RedPat said...

How wonderful, Sharon. I can only imagine all the "peep" sounds.

Travel said...

Such recent hatchlings, I hope she is well protected from predators.

Amy said...

awww so cute, that's a big family.

Gemel said...

What a beautiful family.

Diaday said...

This reminds me of the story, Make Way for Ducklings, and also the bronze statues of them in the Boston Commons.