Friday, April 26, 2024

The Arizona Inn

 

I arrived in Tucson around 11:30 and after having lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant, my friend and I visited the Tucson Art Museum.  The museum has been expanded since the last time I was there.  It's almost double the size it was in 2019.  Above is a scene from the Arizona Inn.  My room is the two windows just above that statue.

At the Tucson Art Museum I saw a wonderful display of incredible ceramics dating back to 100 AD.  This group is from Western Mexico.  There were 3 rooms filled with ancient artifacts that were beautifully well preserved.  I had a great time reading about all of them.  Sometime next week, I'll show you a few more. I found them all fascinating.  


The museum even has its very own Chihuly chandelier.  One of the docents said it was a gift to the museum form one of its donors.  



6 comments:

Travel said...

Looks wonderful, enjoy your get away.

RedPat said...

The inn looks wonderful. Sharon. I like those ceramics.

Steve Reed said...

Looks like a fun trip! A change of scene is always welcome.

Catarina said...

Lovely! I'm sure you will a great stay.

Cloudia said...

That is a beautiful art chandelier. I stayed at the smuggler's inn in Arizona years ago. A beautiful beautiful state! Aloha from another

roentare said...

These figurines are so much fun