Tuesday, November 14, 2023

London Flashback

 

When I was in London a few weeks ago, I made a visit to my favorite sculptural fountain, Waterfall.  I had heard some disturbing news that it had been moved so when I rounded the corner and saw it there, I was thrilled.

It was great to see it surrounded by a new set of benches and planters.  That makes me think it will stay put into the future.  

The fountain/sculpture was created by artist Antony Donaldson in 1991.  The first time I saw it was in 2005 when I stayed at an apartment near here.  I can't tell you how happy I am that I got to see it once again.  

11 comments:

Travel said...

Felt like returning home, London can be like that.

contempladoraocidental.blogspot.com said...

I understand why you like it. It is quite unique.

RedPat said...

It looks wonderful, Sharon. I really like it.

remmij said...

this would fit in nicely with your London art finds -
a street mural, the Bard -
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rogersg/53290496632/
his version of the Waterfall -
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rogersg/5268473595

remmij said...

looking at your views, it occurred to me that with the addition of a handle & some "brown" water & frothy foam, the nymphs could cut a tidy endorsement deal with the omnipresent Starbucks in the background…

Bill said...

A beautiful and unique fountain, I like it a lot.

Cloudia said...

That is a happy making place indeed. Thank you Aloha Sharon

Amy said...

It's good they still have it, I like it.

roentare said...

The sculpture fountain is so classic and elegant looking

Steve Reed said...

It has clearly been reconditioned, hasn't it? When I saw it, it was covered in lime residue from the hard water. Looks much cleaner now.

William Kendall said...

I like it.