Saturday, November 25, 2023

Christmas Ornament Sale


 I went to the Heard Museum on Friday morning for their annual Christmas Ornament Sale.  I had never attended this event before and since I don't put up a tree any longer, I hadn't planned on going this year.  However, someone told me how great the hand painted, carved and/or crafted ornaments were and that it was well worth a look.













They were right.  There were some beautiful ornaments for sale with the added bonus of meeting all of the artists who had created them.  

















It's a good thing that I no longer put up a tree because I'm sure I would have spent a lot of money while admiring these little works of art.

















I especially like these cute little kachinas and those fuzzy little lambs peeking out from behind were pretty cute too.


P.S. I bought that butterfly ornament.  It will look good all year long.  

9 comments:

roentare said...

The photos made me smile

Stefan Jansson said...

The Christmas market in the old town in Stockholm got under way yesterday. -10C according to a photographer friend who was there. This event looks a bit warmer!

Travel said...

There is an arts project for someday, make holiday ornaments.

RedPat said...

I was thinking that you could use a few of those decorations even if you had no tree, Sharon. Like the butterfly!

Bill said...

Lots to choose from.

Catarina said...

Gorgeous ornaments.
I would have bought the butterfly as well. : )

Steve Reed said...

Oh, good! I'm glad you got the butterfly!

William Kendall said...

I like the butterfly.

Aimz said...

What a great idea for the artists to get their work seen and sold.