Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Art Gallery at the Shopping Center

 

When I went to Biltmore Fashion Park on Saturday, I parked at the far end of the shopping center away from the stores I wanted to visit.  I was thinking it would be good to walk the length of the center.  The far end is where I found the birthday celebration and guard dog I posted yesterday.  I also found an art gallery that I didn't even know was there.  

The gallery was full of contemporary art pieces like the three above by Michael Gorman.  The horse above is the one that caught my eye when I was walking by.


I liked this one too.  It was created by Jay Kelly.  It has a shiny surface so there is a bit of reflection on this photo.  

The lion looks like it's composed of strips of newspaper.  So, it's not a paper tiger, it's a paper lion.  

10 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

I really like the lion.

roentare said...

These are gorgeous arts

biebkriebels said...

Special arts!

Travel said...

A very artsy valley.

RedPat said...

That lion is impressive, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

Interesting pieces! Looks like collage is in style.

remmij said...

multi-Kellys - the Lion:
https://www.artsy.net/artwork/jay-kelly-b-1975-truth-is-beauty

like this Kelly too
https://www.jimkempnerfineart.com/jay-kelly-recent-work

Catarina said...

The horse is my favourite.

Bill said...

Th lion is my favourite.

William Kendall said...

These are quite distinctive.