Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Art & Sanity

 


After a beautiful performance of the Phoenix Symphony last Saturday night, I exited through the Phoenix Convention Center which is adjacent to Symphony Hall.  I stopped to snap a photo of this huge, 90 foot tall sculpture. The artist has placed a statement in red at the bottom of the mirror.  It says "Art is a Guaranty of Sanity".  The artist is Louise Bourgeois. What a great quote. 

I posted a photo of this piece once before but that was in 2009 so it was time for a refresh.  

By the way, I'm in the reflection in the mirror.  I'm the lady in black at the foot of the stairs.

9 comments:

roentare said...

Beautiful picture in picture

biebkriebels said...

Pretty picture, I could see you!

Travel said...

Looks like a pretty place. Many years ago there was a photo website, the mirror project, I posted there several times.

RedPat said...

Good one, Sharon. A very discreet selfie. ;-)

Catalyst said...

RedPat beat me to it. I was going to say that's a great selfie.

Steve Reed said...

I remember Louise Bourgeois for her giant creepy spider sculptures, which stood outside Rockefeller Center years ago.

Bill said...

Beautiful image and a fantastic selfie.

Amy said...

ha cool shot, I'm trying to see where you are.

William Kendall said...

Well taken!