Thursday, November 9, 2023

For the Birds

 

Here's something I spotted recently that I bet you all already have seen and figured out.  I was sitting in my car in a line for the drive-up window at a fast food place and I kept seeing a flash of light reflecting off of this thing on the roof of the building.

Thankfully, I had my camera with me so I zoomed in on this thing to see what it was.  Aha... Eagle Eye.  Now what does that mean?  I did a Google search and discovered it's a bird deterrent device.  It turns catching the light and reflecting it in light waves that keep birds away.  In other words, it's a harmless way to keep birds from congregating on or around the building.  

I've seen reflectors that move with the wind but this was the first electronic one I've seen.  You learn something new every day.

8 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Never seen it, but then again, I don't drive a car. I hope it works.

Travel said...

Next photo will be a bird nesting on the top.

RedPat said...

That could be a good thing for those areas where pigeons congregate in huge numbers, Sharon.

Bill said...

This is new to me, hope it works.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Never seen one before. Sure is better than the sharp nail deterrents I see used in some of the strip malls.

roentare said...

Tricky installation

William Kendall said...

That's different.

Steve Reed said...

Oh, interesting. I would have thought it was a security camera, especially with a name like that!