Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Foothills Homes

 

I took a short drive through the Camelback Mountain foothills and saw some newer homes that have gone up in spaces that were once open desert.  The foothills property is considered very prime real estate so any new construction here would have to be large and high end like this two story home with a Spanish look.

This one surprised me because it doesn't seem to fit in.  I think it's because of the use of grey stone which doesn't blend in very well with the desert environment.

This one is more streamlined and modern which fits in a little better.  There are quite a few homes in this area that are architecturally modern.  

11 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Different styles, for sure.

biebkriebels said...

Those are pretty buildings.

RedPat said...

I like the last one of these the best, Sharon. They certainly are large.

Travel said...

I like the box.

remmij said...

$68,523 monthly payment for a similar home to the third example… yeah, seems reasonable - not.
https://scottsdale.evrealestate.com/ListingDetails/5109-E-ROVEY-Avenue-Paradise-Valley-AZ-85253/6584415

Allison said...

That gray house really does not fit in to its surroundings, the low slung modern house does. The museum opening had some cool stuff. I love the closet.

Bill said...

Nice looking houses, the last one is my favourite.

roentare said...

Gorgeous buildings!

William Kendall said...

Quite a contrast in homes.

Catalyst said...

I wonder why people think they need such grandiose homes.

Steve Reed said...

I like the modern one, which reminds me of old adobe structures, but they're all awfully big. More than I'd want to care for! (Of course, the owners probably have help.)