Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Beautiful Things

 


Most of you know me well enough by now to know that I wouldn't miss an opportunity to visit the Gift Shop at the Heard Museum.  That's exactly what I did last Saturday when I was there for the Veterans Day event.  And, I'm glad I did.  Just look at what I found.


This gorgeous sculpture is by Kim Obrzut.  It's called "Moon" and the price is $12,800.  That's way out of my price range so this photo of it will have to do.











To the right is another of her sculptures called "Polimana" and it's only $7,800.00.  Of course, that's still way out of my price range.

I might not have the big bucks to buy these gorgeous pieces but I have these two photos I can look at anytime I want.

9 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Glad you saved your money!

biebkriebels said...

They are very original, never seen something like this.

Steve Reed said...

I wonder how she decides her price point. "Polimana" doesn't look like it required significantly less work than "Moon" and yet it's $5,000 less?

RedPat said...

These are quite unusual pieces, Sharon.

Travel said...

And where would I put them, if I could afford them.

Bill said...

They are beautiful.

roentare said...

These look so good

Gemel said...

These are really beautiful.

William Kendall said...

Wow!