Sunday, November 19, 2023

A Walk in the Rain

 

Saturday morning was a wet one here in the desert but that didn't stop me from taking a walk at the Desert Botanical Garden.  It was my first visit to the garden in several weeks and I wasn't going to let a little rain stop me.

I got lots of photos of plants and blooms dripping with raindrops but not one single bird or animal.  They were all hiding away somewhere trying to stay dry.

I didn't expect the garden to be busy on such a rainy day but, I was wrong.  It was very busy.  The parking lot was full of cars and most of the trails were full of people.  


I even climbed up the high trail so I could get a view out over Camelback Mountain and show you the cloud filled sky.  By mid-afternoon the sky had cleared and it was bright and sunny once again.


8 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Nice view from the trail, expecting rain and snow in Haninge today.

Travel said...

Such a pretty place in any weather.

Steve Reed said...

You'd think the birds and animals would be out in the rain, since it comes so infrequently!

Bill said...

Beautiful view, must be a wonderful place to walk.

RedPat said...

I often wonder where the birds hang out when it rains. I'm surprised that it was so busy there, Sharon.

roentare said...

Love the cacti

Thérèse said...

Unusual and refreshing views.

William Kendall said...

Great view of the mountain.