Sunday, July 10, 2022

Show #2: The Uncommon Journey

 

The second show the I visited at the Shemer Art Center was an exhibit of artworks by members of the Arizona Korean Artist Association and called "The Uncommon Journey".  There were some beautiful pieces in this show.  The one above was used in the advertising for the show and it is called "Gathering".  It was painted by Myongja Kim.  

This one really popped with brilliant color.  It's called "Reflections" by Lina Lim.  Those reflections are very well done.




To the left is a favorite of mine.  It is beautifully painted.  I was impressed with the very thin onion-skins in the foreground.  It's called "Morning Light" and was painted by June hee Kwon.  











This one looks like a painting of one of my springtime cactus-bloom photos.  Another beautiful painting by Hwang Nam Chang.  It's called simply "Cactus Flower".


This last one was my favorite of them all.  It's called "Dawn 3" and was painted by Yungmee Kim.  Just beautiful.  

I'm so glad I stopped in to see these two shows before the leave the museum next week.  And as always, I'm so impressed by the amount of artistic talent in the world.  

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  Have you heard of the Wallace Collection?

8 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Lovely pictures.

Travel said...

Nice, I need to get out more

William Kendall said...

The last really speaks to me.

RedPat said...

I like that last one best too, Sharon.

Bill said...

The ast one is my favorite too.

Steve Reed said...

Beautiful work! I find the reflections painting especially striking, because it seems it would be really hard to capture those effects.

Stefan Jansson said...

A lot of talent here.

Amy said...

I have a thing for koi fish, in fact I have a tattoo on the back of my neck of 2 swimming so the first painting is the one I like.