Thursday, July 28, 2022

I Made it to Oregon

 

If I sit on the right side of the plane, I can get a good view of Mt. Hood just as the the plane approaches the Portland airpot.  Luckily, it was clear and I got a good shot out the window. 


I encountered this strange thing at the Portland airport.  It wasn't ready for use yet but, it looks like it will be telephone booth-like places to sit and work or make calls.  It has plugs for phones and internet.  What an interesting business concept with a cute name.














After a very nice lunch, we finally arrived in McMinnville where we are staying.  I love the look of this city, it's so Americana.  We are staying in a rental called the Farm House and it really is a real farm house. It looks great but judging from how long it took to upload these photos, the internet might be a little slow. We'll see how that goes.

12 comments:

biebkriebels said...

I always liked flying but haven't done it now for a long time, since all the lockdowns etc... Enjoy your trip!

Catarina said...

Enjoy your stay/holidays.

Andy said...

From up above Mt. Hood is looking good.

Gemel said...

Mount Hood is stunning!

Travel said...

Pretty little town,

RedPat said...

That shot of the mountain is super, Sharon.

William Kendall said...

Mount Hood is a stunner.

Steve Reed said...

That looks like a very cute town, and great shot of the mountain!

I'm less certain about the "escape pods." Even with a glass door I suspect people will get up to no good in those things.

Bill said...

Mt. Hood is a beauty. My daughter lives in Portland and she said it's in the 100s this week. Enjoy your trip.

roentare said...

The Mount Hood looks gorgeous there. What a lovely trip!

Allison said...

Summer in Portland can be brutal. We were there awhile back and went to the zoo (great elephant area) and I thought I was going to die. The kids there also thought they were dying. Great photo of Mt. Hood.

Amy said...

Beautiful snow topped mountains