Saturday, July 9, 2022

For the Love of Art

 

Yesterday I visited two art museums. First, I stopped at The Shemer Art Center to see two shows that are scheduled to end next week.  The show I'm featuring today is called "Kids in Focus: A New Lens on Life".  I was introduced to this special non-profit group dedicated to empowering at-risk youth using photography to ignite their imaginations several years ago.  I posted about visiting their exhibit back in 2016.  I was happy to see that the program is still going strong.  The photo above was taken by Thomas (they only display first names) and it's called "Southwest Slam Dunk."  That airplane happens to be a Southwest Airlines jet so very clever name.


The top photo here was taken by Zachary and it's called "Peace".  I love the use of the mirror compact.









This one is by Kamirah and it's called "Mud Mania"








The top photo here was taken. by Ivan and it's called "Learning to Fly".  This one was taken in front of a downtown mural that I feature several years ago here.





This close up of a horse's eye was taken by Malachi and it's called "TV Horse".  Do you see the TV marking under the eye?








This one was pretty clever too.  It was taken by Angel and it's called "Chameleon".  As I said before, I'm so glad to know that this program is still going.  Photography is a great way for kids to explore their surroundings and to use their imaginations.  

8 comments:

Thérèse said...

A lot of thoughts in these such great pictures.

Travel said...

Those are good, hope for the future, and changing young lives

RedPat said...

These are wonderful pieces of art, Sharon.

Bill said...

Great photos and a wonderful show of creativity that these young people have.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Sounds like a great program, and some talented young photographers!

biebkriebels said...

Great photos, I love those exhibitions!

William Kendall said...

These are very creative.

Steve Reed said...

Terrific, creative work! "Chameleon" is especially nice. I might buy it if I were there. :)