Friday, July 22, 2022

Looking Forward to Butterflies

 


I'm looking forward to the time when the desert summer heat starts to cool down and I can once again spend some time outdoors.  I'm missing my walks at the Desert Botanical Garden where I might see the occasional monarch butterfly enjoying the blooms.

The garden calls these white ones "cloudless sulphur" butterflies but I think most people call them cabbage whites.



The white peacocks are always a pleasure to see.

My personal favorite is the malachite butterfly.  I love their shade of green.


At least I have an archive of photos from the garden that I can enjoy during this time when it's simply too hot to walk there.

8 comments:

Gemel said...

Stunning images Sharon. Butterflies are purely magical.

Andy said...

They are so beautiful... sadly the Monarch Butterfly is now listed as endangered.

RedPat said...

I have seen so few butterflies this summer. First it was too cool here and now it is too hot for them.

Bill said...

The butterflies are stunning with their different colours and designs.

William Kendall said...

Those are pretty.

Catalyst said...

Beautiful but . . . why aren't they called "flutter-byes"?

Spare Parts and Pics said...

These are beautiful. I never have much luck photographing butterflies... they are a little too fast for me!

Steve Reed said...

Is the name Cabbage White used in the states? I don't think I ever heard it until I came to the UK. In Florida we had yellow sulphur butterflies, which are similar (but obviously yellow).