Tuesday, July 19, 2022

A Fine Dining Weekend

 

I had two fine dining experiences this last weekend.  On Friday evening I had dinner with my friends Glenda and Julie at a Scottsdale restaurant I've been wanting to try called Sel.  It's a small restaurant that has been called one of the best restaurants in Old Town Scottsdale.  


It might have been a small place but it had a mighty menu with a variety of gourmet choices.  

Here are my choices.  I started with the spring garlic and potato vichyssoise.  I would go back just for this.  It was fabulous.

My entree was the grilled New York strip steak with pink peppercorn au poivre, caramelized wild mushrooms and truffle fries.  Delicious.  I'm glad I tried this place.  I'm sure I will return.

Tomorrow I'll tell you about my Saturday night dinner.


10 comments:

roentare said...

The food looks so gorgeous in deed. The art pieces hanging on the wall also remind me of French restaurant I was in recently.
I am sure you enjoyed your food

Steve Reed said...

That all looks amazing!

Andy said...

Wow... just the decor of this restaurant would entice me to stop by.

Travel said...

Looks amazing

William Kendall said...

The steak looks good!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Sorry nine of that was for me, the soup looked like cream with oil drizzled in it and I'm not sure what was sticking out of it and the stake and chips well I really cannot eat steak that the cow is still mooing, too raw for me but glad you enjoyed it

RedPat said...

You ae living the good life, Sharon! Good for you! The food looks great although I'm not a big beef eater anymore.

Bill said...

The place and food look fabulous.

Amy said...

Looks like whoever the chef is, he or she really cares about the food, it looks really good.

Gemel said...

A quirky place to share a meal.