Saturday, May 18, 2024

The Sonoran Desert Trail

 

The last time I was at the Desert Botanical Garden, I took a walk on the Plants & People of the Sonoran Desert Trail.  It's a longer trail that points how indigenous people lived and prospered in the desert.  The photos in this post are all from that trail.  Above is a plant growing in one of the historic demonstration garden spots. I liked the look of this plant but I'm not sure what it is.  It's probably some type of teasel or grass.

In this grassland area there are signs explaining how these grasses were used to weave baskets and other things.  I just like how it looks like I'm in a vast wilderness area.


Near the little pond there is a large patch of Yerba Mansa.  I love these unusual looking flowers.  I didn't see that little bug with the long, skinny legs until I downloaded the photos.  



All of the saguaro cacti are blooming right now.  There are lots of happy bees buzzing around all the blooms at the top of each one.

Even the crested saguaro has a few blooms on it.

3 comments:

RedPat said...

That last cactus looks so unusual, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

My "Picture This" plant identification app says that first photo is wheat. Could that be right?

Travel said...

Such a pretty place.