Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Short Trip to Africa

 

I took a very short trip to Africa last Saturday evening.  There is a new restaurant in downtown Phoenix called Latha and my friends and I had dinner there Saturday evening.  I loved this wonderful map of the African continent in the entrance to the restaurant.

The food was outstanding.  I had a dish called a "Dayboat" which was composed of rice grits, pickled onions, roasted coconut chutney and the fish of the day which was grouper.  The sauce on this dish was phenomenal. 

My friend David had the Berbere Strip Steak served with cilantro and lime rice and topped with raisins.  David said it was great.


My friend Riley had something called Hypha Mushroom Criolla which was a vegetable stew.  Riley said it was simply delicious.  The waitress told us it was her favorite.  

In addition to these fantastic dishes, we each had some very tasty cocktails.  We all decided we would be making a return visit.

6 comments:

Diaday said...

There's an Ethiopian restaurant in town and the owner/chef creates wonderful dishes. The first time I went there, she put some beets on the plate and as we talked, I mentioned that I'm not real fond of beets. Without missing a beat, she said, "You will love my beets." I don't know what seasonings she used, but they were delicious, and so far are the only way I like beets.

RedPat said...

All of these look delicious, Sharon. I would have ordered what you did, I think.

Steve Reed said...

That looks really good!

Cloudia said...

Good for you! Aloha

Travel said...

The food looks good,

contempladoraocidental.blogspot.com said...

Invite me next time!!