Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Progress at the Mall

 



A little over a year ago, I posted some photos of the construction that was going on at Scottsdale Fashion Square.  They were doing a major remodel.


This spot is where an elevator was located.  The elevator was glass sided except for that decorative panel.












When I was there in September, the elevator had been removed and construction was still in progress.

















I was there again this past weekend and construction is done.  This is the spot where that elevator used to be.

The mall now is filled with very, very high end shops.  I was walking down one row and it felt like I might be cruising Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills.  Many of the stores have guards at the door and they only allow a few people in at a time.  It's a whole new world of shopping that I find quite unusual.

9 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Interesting. It looks nice, but what about people who need an elevator? I guess it's been moved elsewhere? Surely they must still have one.

Catarina said...

I wonder sometimes how can some boutiques survive.

RedPat said...

It is like a gated shopping mall, Sharon.

Sharon said...

Steve...yes, they moved the elevator a few feet away on the other side of Tiffany's.

Travel said...

WHen I shop puts a velvet rope across the door, I will never enter again.

Stefan Jansson said...

I can't remember the last time I visited a mall.

roentare said...

The decorative panel looks game of throne

Cloudia said...

Yes, the longer we live the more things change. I enjoy looking at old films from the 1960s and seeing how different things were. The mailboxes all had red painted tops! Who remembers that LOL

Aimz said...

I like what they've done with it, it's not often I go into malls like this.