Sunday, May 5, 2024

Curious Things to Ponder


 Today I have three photos all taken in Tucson and all things that gave me something to think about.  This ceramic platter was hanging on the wall of the lobby of the building where my hotel room was located.  I paused to look at it almost every time I made my way through that lobby.  I was trying to figure out what was happening in the image.  It looks to me that the man is telling the woman he wants two eggs for breakfast and it looks like the woman might be contemplating smacking him with the skillet.  What do you think?


This curious little metal box was attached to the door of a small closet in the hallway outside my room at the Arizona Inn.  I snapped a photo so I would be sure to investigate what a Detex Watchclock was.  It turns out that a watchclock was a mechanical clock used by security guards for tracking their routine patrols.  It's a relic of the past.













I found this very tattered dictionary in the library room at the Hacienda Del Sol resort where we stopped on our way home from Tucson.  This dictionary has been brutally used.  I hate to see any book in such a tortured condition.  

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  Look at a little bit of Scotland in central London.

6 comments:

roentare said...

That plate painting looks really good

Stefan Jansson said...

Ha, I like your thinking!

RedPat said...

There is a story for sure in that plate image. I like your idea, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

Ha! I love your interpretation of the plate image. Sounds about right! They should just throw that dictionary out. No one needs a dictionary nowadays anyway.

Roseann said...

That Watchclock box is what security guards put a key into and turned so that the company knows that he is actually making his rounds. Usually for large companies with lots of offices and hallways.

Can anyone improve on my definition?

Catarina said...

The women is too relaxed to be thinking that. : ))) Look at her feet.

Some people have no consideration for books of any kind.