Friday, April 1, 2022

Theme Day: Symmetry

 

The City Daily Photo Bloggers theme for April 1st is "Symmetry" a subject that was very easy for me to depict.  I see symmetry displayed in all our desert plants.  The above plant is a perfect example.  It's a Lion's Tail Agave and I'm sure it got its name from the tall, bushy blooms it produces.

The Queen Victoria Agave is another great example.  

The Blue Glow Agave also grows in a symmetrical pattern.  This is one of my favorites.  I love the way its 'leaves' look like they are painted with watercolor paints.

This last one is a variegated agave and it also grows out in a symmetrical pattern.  I guess if you think about it, nature is full of symmetry everywhere you look.

If  you want to see how other bloggers depict Symmetry, click here.

10 comments:

Andy said...

Mother Nature has talent. She has everything under control.
Very nice photos Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

Love the photos! That Queen Victoria agave is especially nice. (I see why it's named after her -- squat and prickly.)

Travel said...

Neat theme,

RedPat said...

These are wonderful shots and perfect for the theme, Sharon.

Bill said...

Great series for the theme.

Jim said...

Good theme day post.

William Kendall said...

Magical!

Gemel said...

The beauty and magic of creation captured perfectly.

Catalyst said...

Those are all SPECTACULAR!

Allison said...

I love the blue flame agaves, they are so beautiful in their shape and color. We always wanted one, but digging in our yard was virtually impossible without a jackhammer, so we didn't do it.