Wednesday, April 20, 2022

A Boat Full of Glass

 

While the Chihuly exhibit is on view at the Desert Botanical Garden, the very first installation you see when you enter the garden is this boat full of colorful glass objects.  I've posted a photo of it before.  Since it sits right at the entrance it's hard to resist another photo.  This time I tried a couple new approaches.  The one above was taken with the camera close to the ground so I could catch some of the wildflowers blooming around the boat.

In this shot, I concentrated on the large agave plant with the glass pieces in the background.  I enjoy trying to find new ways to photograph the beautiful glass sculptures.  

8 comments:

Andy said...

It always makes my day when I see colours like that.

Travel said...

Fun perspectives

Gemel said...

Spectacular.

RedPat said...

Fabulous work. I like it best with the agave.

Bill said...

Fantastic shots, my favorite is the second one.

Stefan Jansson said...

Great.

Steve Reed said...

Good thinking, to shift perspective like that. The glass objects really echo that agave, don't they?

William Kendall said...

Beautiful!