Saturday, April 16, 2022

Exotic Blooms

 


These blooms might be pretty common but they look so exotic to me.  It's a type of iris that goes by several names, wood iris, African iris, bi-color iris and more.  The technical name is Dietes.  

Whatever they are called, I love them.













I took this photo last year in California.  I didn't know until I researched the blooms above that this was from the same "iris" family and goes by the same set of names.  I think this one looks more like the iris we all know than the blooms in the first two photos.

8 comments:

biebkriebels said...

They are realy exotic!

Travel said...

The swamp iris's are budding here.

RedPat said...

Love the flowers and that first shot, Sharon.

Bill said...

They are absolutely beautiful.

William Kendall said...

Very pretty.

Gemel said...

They are our native (Western Australia) iris Sharon. Grow wildly in the bushlands and along the riversides. There are several varieties I have this one in my garden.

Catalyst said...

I wonder if they are related to orchids. That last one resembles an orchid.

Steve Reed said...

I'm not sure I've ever seen those irises in the top photos before.