Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Cuisine on the Desert

 

Dinner on the Desert was beautifully prepared by Fabulous Food, a local catering company.  Sometimes I cringe at catered food served for huge groups but I have to admit they did a superb job with this meal.  

We started with this beautifully plated salad of micro greens, cherry tomatoes, shaved asparagus, zucchini and yellow squash with tri-colored quinoa and herbed champagne vinaigrette.  It was delicious.












The main course was filet of beef with black garlic, baby carrots and cauliflower on a roasted purple potato puree.  I was delighted to see that my steak was just the way I like it and the vegetables and sauces were very tasty.  


Dessert was a Yuzu tart served with fresh raspberries, butterfly pea and a blood orange chip.  I had never heard of butterfly pea before but I discovered it is an Asian plant used quite a bit in teas.  The whole dessert was excellent with a lemony flavor.


As we were leaving, we were encouraged to take a donut for the road.  I did and I saved it for breakfast the next morning.  So my delicious evening carried over to the morning.


7 comments:

Andy said...

You are making my mouth water.

Travel said...

Looks elegant and fun.

RedPat said...

Wow. The salad alone would have filled me up.

Catarina said...

Wow! Very fancy!
Thanks for sharing this evening with us.
: )

William Kendall said...

Quite a meal.

Bill said...

What an experience, what a meal. NICE!

Steve Reed said...

The food looks fabulous.