Thursday, July 22, 2021

The Blue Hound

 


I haven't been to the Blue Hound Kitchen in ages but I did recently stop to admire the sign.  This place is located inside the Kimpton Palomar Hotel in downtown Phoenix.  

Before the pandemic, I used to meet a friend here before Phoenix Suns games from time to time.  My friend has been going to the games again but I'm not quite ready for screaming crowds yet.  












I stuck my head inside the door to see if the painting of the blue dog was still there but it had been replaced by this painting of the hunting hounds.  I'm not a fan of fox hunting so I'm kind of wishing the blue dog painting had still been there.

12 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Life has changed due to Covid, I feel the same hesitation for crowds and try to avoid them...It is a bit sad to live so careful and suspicious now...

Andy said...

Nice one Sharon. Blue dogs are hard to come by. ;-)

Travel said...

So much to see, so many things to do in good time

RedPat said...

I love the blue hound sign, Sharon! I have been hesitant to go downtown here because of the crowds - not ready to face large groups.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

That's a cool sign Sharon, I'm with you re the hunting, do they still hunt foxes in England I wonder! I tend to stay away from big crowds also, but I've never really enjoyed them 🌹

William Kendall said...

I like the signage.

Catarina said...

I have never seen a blue dog. : )

Catalyst said...

Regardless, the outside sign is wonderful.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Great name for a place. Like you I'm still not keen on going out to meet people

Gemel said...

Great sign, I would have checked the place out for sure.

Steve Reed said...

I do like the sign! Wonder what happened to the painting? Maybe they sold it!

Amy said...

We don't do crowds either even before covid but that neon dog and sign really stands out.