Tuesday, July 13, 2021

For the Love of Hummingbirds

 


That hummingbird mural that I posted yesterday got me to thinking about all the photos of hummingbirds I've taken over the years.  I love capturing images of these tiny little creatures.  I looked at my photos from the Desert Botanical Garden last June and found this one with a tiny hummingbird taking a rest in very spiked plant.  

And then I saw this one where I saw a little hummingbird flying next to the wet wall of a fountain.  A good name for this photo would be "Me and My Shadow".  

Then I found many more photos so I decided to just make a collage of some of them.  Hummingbirds are such sweet little birds that I can't help being drawn to them.  

12 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Lovely bird, we never see them here.

Travel said...

Wonderful photos, factinating little birds.

William Kendall said...

They are a treat to watch fly around.

RedPat said...

It is always a thrill to see one! Love the 1st guy at rest, Sharon!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

How exciting to catch these sweet little birds with their long beaks and ever fluttering wings.. gorgeous shots Sharon. Unfortunately we don't have hummingbirds in WA, would be a thrill to see 💜

Bill said...

Beautiful ittle birds.

Catalyst said...

I see hummingbirds here occasionally, checking out the honeysuckle and occasionally Judy's painted fence. But since we don't put up feeders, they don't stay long.

Amy said...

They are so pretty, we don't have them here.

Thérèse said...

I miss them. So nice to see the pictures you took of them here.

Gemel said...

Would so love to see these. Great photos.

Jack said...

Half an hour ago I was watching a fascinating Nature episode about hummingbirds on PBS. If you didn't see it, you should go searching for it. It was beautifully filmed and extremely informative.

Steve Reed said...

I like that first photo -- both the plant and the bird are very spiky!