Friday, July 16, 2021

Interesting Finds

 

When I drove to north Phoenix to photograph the hummingbird mural I featured on Monday, I saw this window with the overflowing window box so I snapped a photo.  That's when I noticed the reflection of the vehicle.

So I walked over to that strange looking vehicle to get a closer look.  I think it just sits here on the corner as a sort of display.  There was nothing to indicate that it was used for anything.  It looks a bit like some type of armored transport but I really have no idea what it was once used for.


When I drove around the back and spotted the "tree" mural, I also found this rather amusing carved log wearing a pair of shorts.  Someone must have thought that this log looked very much like a human torso so they added the shorts confirm the look.  

10 comments:

RedPat said...

Someone will identify that vehicle so I will check back to see what it is.

Catarina said...

Interesting finds, indeed!!

Travel said...

It is a Unimog, a heavy duty utility truck, a lot of them were for military use.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unimog

Sharon said...

Unimog!! Thanks for the info.

Bill said...

Wonderful finds, I like the carved stump with shots. Someone has a sense of humour.

William Kendall said...

That's the first I've heard of that kind of vehicle.

Steve Reed said...

At first I thought that reflected truck was a toy sitting in the window box! That stump with the shorts is just bizarre.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Some really cool finds there and yep I was going to say it's a Unimog something you quite offten see over here

Amy said...

The truck looks very vintage to me but not sure what exactly it is.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

That was a clever reflection Sharon I also thought that was a toy truck in the window 😉