Thursday, July 29, 2021

Gazing Skyward

 

I pointed my camera up once again to capture some tall buildings and interesting architecture in downtown Phoenix.  My friends Julie & Dave work in one of those two towers to the right.  The buildings are connected by a skywalk.

This building has housed many different offices in the past but I see that Arizona State University has started occupying a large amount of office space.  ASU's downtown campus has grown substantially over the last few years.

The Luhrs Tower in downtown Phoenix is one of my favorite historic buildings.  It dates to 1929 and was built in Art Deco style which I love.  I did two posts about this building back in 2017.  You can see them here and here.  

9 comments:

Andy said...

I always find the older buildings like the Luhrs Tower more interesting to look at. It's the engravings that attract me.

Travel said...

I love tall buildings. My one disappointment with DC, is it is short. Few buildings in the city are over 12 stories.

Gemel said...

Great perspectives of the buildings Sharon.

William Kendall said...

Your last take is my favourite.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh yes I do remember the Art Deco Lurhs Building Sharon, still looking fabulous against that gorgeous blue sky 💙

RedPat said...

I love the Art Deco style of the Luhrs building, Sharon!

Steve Reed said...

Nice shot of the Luhrs Tower, showing the ornamentation on the lower floors.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I like downtown Phoenix. I've been in one of those newer buildings, although it was a number of years ago. Nicely photographed!

Amy said...

Some good views of the sky there with some modern and old buildings.