Sunday, July 4, 2021

Independence Day

 

Today is Independence Day here in the US of A.  Or, as it is commonly called, The 4th of July!

There will be some celebrating going on here but probably not as much as in other parts of the country.  It is very dry right now and there are many fires in the mountains that surround the valley.  I think the normal fireworks displays will be at a minimum.  Personally, I think I'll watch the show in Washington D.C. on television.  

Since the holiday falls on Sunday this year, offices will be closed on Monday so many people will take advantage of an extra long weekend.


I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm planning a trip in the fall.

12 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Enjoy the day.

biebkriebels said...

Have a nice day.

Revrunner said...

I understand that W'burg will be having its fireworks display that had to be cancelled last year.

Andy said...

USA! USA! Enjoy your "Independence Day" to the fullest.

contempladoraocidental.blogspot.com said...

Happy 4th!

Steve Reed said...

It looks like our fireworks might be rained out!

William Kendall said...

I know the American ambassador holds a party here at their home, but obviously not last year and probably not this year due to covid.

Travel said...

I had a family member, born in England, who wished us all a happy treason day! I am taking the week off.

RedPat said...

Let us all hope we can get back to normal celebrations soon. Happy 4th, Sharon.

Bill said...

Happy 4th of July, Sharon!

Catalyst said...

Happy Independence Day, Sharon.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Hope you had a super day Sharon, fireworks are not a good idea in really hot weather, it's the same here 🎉