Monday, July 12, 2021

A Hummingbird and More

 

I recently heard that Lauren Lee, the artist who paints beautiful birds, had painted a hummingbird mural for a north Phoenix business called Organic Living.  So I took a drive out to north 7th Street to find it.  I spotted the hummingbird right away but, I didn't realize until I was out of my car that there were a lot more elements to this mural.



Hovering over the door to the business was a bee.  I didn't want to leave him out so I zoomed in on just this little honeybee waiting for his turn at the flower.


As I was leaving, I noticed another part of the mural was on the back of the building.  A lovely ironwood tree off in the distance.  That sign is hard to read so I'll translate, it says Ironwood Mills Furniture.  I looked up both Organic Living and Ironwood Mills and I can't tell if they are related but I think they might be.  One makes furniture from Arizona sourced wood and one sells organic household items like towels and sheets and more.  

Taking part in Monday Murals


19 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Impressive work.

Andy said...

Sharon it looks like you have come across an artist that loves nature.

biebkriebels said...

Wow these are great. I see "birds" are an international subject for murals at the moment!

Travel said...

Love the honeybee.

RedPat said...

The hummingbird with flower is so beautiful and the bee is an added treat.

Alice said...

Very cool

Bertiebo said...

Very nice!

Bill said...

Very nice indeed! Birds and bees seem to be a hot item today. :)

Klara said...

so pretty.

Tanya Breese said...

Super! All of it!

Catalyst said...

I find it odd that businesses decorate their buildings this way but they are artful.

Gemel said...

These are spectacular!

Linda said...

Wonderful murals! Have a good week.

Sami said...

Beautiful hummingbird and so glad you noticed the bee.
The tree is also nice.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Sharon.

William Kendall said...

Wonderfully done.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Hummingbirds are so special, the artist did a beautiful job here Sharon, loved seeing all the extra details, I know I've missed a few when taking murals 😊

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's wonderful that you were able to look on all sides of this building. I love that you took so many wonderful close-ups, too.

Jack said...

Nicely done. I like realistically painted murals.

Steve Reed said...

Nice murals!