Sunday, August 30, 2020

The Curious Art Challenge


My art challenge group met on Friday night and you might remember that the challenge for August was "Curiosity".  Here is my piece on the subject.  I enjoy abstract art and wanted to learn some new techniques so I've been watching a lot of online videos and learning new tricks.  I got out the paints and tried some new things.  This was the end result.  I call it "Curiously Abstract".

Most of my challenge entries end up being work with photos because that's where I'm most comfortable.  But every now and then I wander off into something else.  It's fun!

Our challenge for our September meeting is "About 67%".  I'm thinking of some ideas already.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm exploring those old slides I discovered.  This time I'm visiting Cologne Germany.

9 comments:

biebkriebels said...

That is nice you have another hobby then photography. I always admire people who are creative and can paint, I like your bright colours

Travel said...

67%, 2/3rds, 1/3 1/3. I need to paint more.

Janey and Co. said...

I agree with Marianne. It is great to have another hobby or talent during these strange times. I know noting about modern art, but I do know I like both of those vibrant colors. Janey

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh that's good Sharon, at first I thought it was a reflection painting. it's fun dabbling in paint for a change of medium 💜

RedPat said...

A reflection is the first thing that came to my mind too, Sharon! It must have been exciting to play those vibrant colors!

Steve Reed said...

I like it! It reminds me of a reflection on water (as others said above).

Bill said...

I like it, nice colours. At first I thought it was a reflection too. :)

William Kendall said...

A good splash of colours.

Susie of Arabia said...

I like it! It reminds me of a landscape reflection of sorts